Top revision tips
- Little and often. An hour a night over a few months is far better than 'cramming' just before the exam. Students who cram often say 'Revision makes me worse!'.
- Revise actively: Don't just read your book. Use past papers, make revision cards, do quizzes - do things that make you think!
- Use every minute of every lesson. They are for you and a valuable helping hand into your future.
- Take up offers of tutorials outside of lesson time.
- Revise in the way that works for you: Watch revision videos (GCSE Pod), revise with a learning buddy, listen to podcasts, use revision guides, make revision cards…
- Learn from your mocks. They provide a map to guide you to the bits you need to work on.
- Don't take reassurance from lazy friends, copy students who are making good progress.