The Role of Governor
Within England, there are over 300,000 School/Academy Governors, who form the largest volunteer force in the country.
The roles of individual Governors, and subsequently members of a Governing Body, work collectively to perform a strategic role and carry out key functions such as:
- Discuss and set the aims and objectives for the Academy.
- Set the required policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the required targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards its set aims and objectives.
Finally the role of the Academy Governor is to be a source of challenge and support to the Principal, i.e. a 'critical friend.'
The members of the City Academy Norwich Governing Body are:
- Mrs Mary Sparrow (Principal)
- Mrs Rachel Crickmore