City Academy Norwich is an aspirational Academy, passionate about providing a holistic education to all students. We are looking to grow our board of Governors and would welcome applications to join the governing body at this exciting time of school improvement.
Becoming a Governor of City Academy Norwich is a fantastic way to give something back to the school community – its students, staff, parents and the wider community. Governors have a significant role in the long-term development and improvement of the school and provide strong links with the wider community.
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school.
They provide support for the Headteacher, teaching and support staff. You would be expected to attend regular meetings and contribute to the behind-the-scenes decision-making and planning at City Academy Norwich.
If you are interested in becoming a Governor at City Academy Norwich, please contact email@example.com for further information or to arrange a meeting with the Headteacher.
An application form for this voluntary position can be downloaded at the bottom of this page for submission by Friday 11th January 2019.
The Role of Governor
Within England, there are over 300,000 School/Academy Governors, who form the largest volunteer force in the country.
The roles of individual Governors, and subsequently members of a Governing Body, work collectively to perform a strategic role and carry out key functions such as:
- Discuss and set the aims and objectives for the Academy.
- Set the required policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the required targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards its set aims and objectives.
Finally the role of the Academy Governor is to be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher i.e. a 'critical friend.'
The members of the City Academy Norwich Governing Body are:
- Mr Paul McCann - Chair of Govenors
- Vacancy - Vice Chair of Governors
- Ms Zelda Rolfe
- Mr Mark Anderson
- Mr Paul Collin - Headteacher
- Mrs Rachel Crickmore - Staff governor
- Ms Mo Clasby - Staff governor
- Vacancy - Parent governor